Hygiene and Toileting System Rifton HTS
Hygiene and Toileting System Rifton HTS
Healthier for children. Simpler for you.
Time and again, research has shown the necessity of good toileting for children’s health. So we designed the Rifton HTS with that in mind. Hygienic, simple, affordable, the Rifton HTS promotes the forward positioning that is ideal and natural for effective toileting. Meanwhile, its versatility and simplicity – usable on, over and off the toilet, no tools required – make the lives of caregivers better too.
- The unique design of the optional seat pad opening – open to the rear for larger clients – facilitates clear access for cleaning and hygiene.
- The portability kit provides clients greater independence – and their families greater freedom to travel.
- Optional integral skin foam pads for the back and seat provide comfort for clients and easy disinfecting for caregivers.
Ideal for any child, any toilet, anywhere
As a shower chair. By doubling as a mobile shower chair the Rifton HTS eliminates the need to purchase separate equipment for each activity. The optional tilt-in-space model tilts up to 15˚ back; the backrest tilts up to 18˚ back; and the headrest is adjustable, all providing the ideal showering position for clients of every size, shape and ability.
On. Over. Off. No matter what the toileting situation, the type of toilet or the special need, the Rifton HTS can meet it with its unmatched versatility. It is usable:
- ON the toilet. Placing the Rifton HTS on any model of toilet, round-front or elongated, enables the client to use the same toilet as the rest of the family. Mounting bars make for easy, secure attachment of the chair to the toilet base. Removal is just as easy, no tools required.
- OVER the toilet. Use the mobile economy base to wheel the Rifton HTS over toilets of nearly any size and style, enabling the client to use the same toilet as the rest of the family. Or use the lower stationary base (on toilets up to 15'' tall) so clients can put their feet on the floor. The mobile version also doubles as a shower chair.
- OFF the toilet. The mobile base and commode pan allow for use of the Rifton HTS anywhere – not just in the bathroom.
- As a shower chair. By doubling as a mobile shower chair the Rifton HTS eliminates the need to purchase separate equipment for each activity. The optional tilt-in-space model tilts up to 15˚ back; the backrest tilts up to 18˚ back; and the headrest is adjustable, all providing the ideal showering position for clients of every size, shape and ability.
Supportive and comfortable
All straps and accessories that touch the skin have been made with soft, easily laundered materials.
Support and comfort, according to research, are essential to good toileting in children with special needs. For this reason, we have paid close attention to designing components that give children a sense of safety, security and support.
The maximum support and comfort are provided by the tilt-in-space base option. Its gas-assisted cylinder tilts up to 15˚ forward for easier transfer, as well as 15˚ back for showering and hair washing.
Which chair is larger?
Surprise: the two chairs in the photo are exactly the same size. One is adjusted to its smallest setting, the other to its largest – clearly illustrating the Rifton HTS’s capacity to accommodate children of every size, body type and special need.
Many elements of the Rifton HTS are designed to fit a wide range of sizes, body types and special needs – allowing room for growth over time or use by multiple children.
Easier lifts and transfers
Lifts and transfers present a major challenge to successful toileting. The Rifton HTS makes them easier with a variety of features. Sit-to-stand transfers in and out of the chair provide good practice and strengthening for clients.
The footboard’s flip-up capacity – and the gas-spring forward-tilting seat (up to 15˚ forward) – support an easy transition from sit-to-stand.
The durable footboard also enables step-pivot transfers from the front. The weight capacity of the footboard is 150 lbs for all sizes of the HTS.
Lateral transfers are simpler as well, thanks to the removable armrests.
|Size 1||Size 2|
|Total width||54 cm||54 cm||58,5 cm|
|Seat height mobile subframe||41 - 58 cm||41 - 58 cm||41 - 58 cm|
|Seat height fixed subframe||31 - 43 cm||31 - 43 cm||38 - 48 cm|
|Seat width||20* / 25* / 30 cm||25* / 30* / 36 cm||33* / 38* / 43 cm|
|Seat depth||20 / 23 / 25 / 28 cm||29 / 32 / 34 / 37 cm||38 / 41 / 43 / 46 cm|
|Armrest height||14,5 / 18 cm||14,5 / 18 / 22 cm||18 / 22 cm|
|Back width||29 cm||34 cm||41 cm|
|Lower leg length, toilet seat||20 - 33 cm||25 - 38 cm||36 - 48 cm|
|Back height||39 cm||48 cm||60 cm|
|Max. toilet height which the product can be positioned over||52 cm||52 cm||52 cm|
|Length mobile subframe||74 cm||74 cm||84,5 cm|
|Front edge of hygiene opening to back edge of subframe||48,5 cm||48,5 cm||48,5 cm|
|Back angle||(-)6°, 6°, 18°||(-)6°, 6°, 18°||(-)6°, 6°, 18°|
|Seat angle||(-)5° - 25°||(-)5° - 25°||(-)5° - 25°|
|(-)15° - 15°||(-)15° - 15°||(-)15° - 15°|
|Age range||approx. 2 - 6 years||approx. 5 - 11 years||approx. 9 years to adult|
|Body size||76 - 117 cm||106 - 142 cm||127 - 188 cm|
|Max. load||34 kg||68 kg||102 kg|